The cast and characters of Marvel’s “She Hulk” TV show
The Marvel Cinematic Universe (MCU) is getting bigger next year with the launch of “She-Hulk,” its 20th television series. Based on the Marvel comic book superhero of the same name, the series introduces viewers to Jennifer Walters and her alter ego, She-Hulk.
Read on for everything you need to know about the cast and script for the new series.
About Marvel’s New “She-Hulk” TV Series
Marvel Studios has announced plans for a “She-Hulk” television series at D23 Expo 2019, Disney’s fan convention. Veteran television screenwriter Jessica Gao has been chosen as chief screenwriter.
The latest addition to the MCU joins a franchise of Marvel movies, TV shows and comics. Characters can appear in their own movies, join the Avengers, or appear in new movies or TV series.
Marvel Studios has not shared the storyline except for a few details. The show will follow some of the arcs in 1980s comic book history, according to Marvel Studios president Kevin Feige. “She-Hulk” is a comedy series about a lawyer specializing in superhuman legal cases. The first season will consist of 10 episodes of 30 minutes each.
How the ‘She-Hulk’ TV show fits into the Marvel Cinematic Universe
Fans of Marvel comics know the story of She-Hulk. Jennifer Walters, a lawyer from New York, is shot and given a blood transfusion from her cousin. That wouldn’t be a big deal, except her cousin is Bruce Banner, also known as the Hulk.
Soon Walters, played by Tatiana Maslany, begins to turn green and gains superhuman strength and size. But his transformation into an aggressive green giant is not the same as that of his cousin. The Hulk has serious anger management issues, but Jennifer retains her personality and emotional control when she transforms into She-Hulk. Over time, she must adapt to the practice of law in her She-Hulk form, which becomes permanent.
Everything you need to know about Marvel’s “She-Hulk” TV series
Mark Ruffalo will reprise his role from the Avengers movies as Bruce Banner / the Hulk. Jameela Jamil as Titania, a Marvel comic book supervillain, also joins the cast. Tim Roth will appear as Emil Blonsky / Abomination.
Who are the main characters in Marvel’s “She-Hulk”?
Based on the details revealed so far, most of the characters are from the Marvel comics. There are also some new roles. Here’s what we know about the cast and characters of “She-Hulk”:
- Tatiana Maslany as Jennifer Walters / She-Hulk: Maslany is an Emmy Award winning actress who appeared in the science fiction series “Orphan Black”. She also played the role of Sister Alice in the HBO miniseries “Perry Mason”. But Jennifer Walters is not just any lawyer. In the comedy series, she specializes in affairs related to superheroes. She is also learning to deal with her own emerging superpowers.
- Mark Ruffalo as Bruce Banner / Hulk: Bruce Banner is Walters’ cousin and a brilliant scientist whose exposure to gamma rays causes him to transform into a huge and mighty stressed warrior. The Hulk is expected to appear in every episode of “She-Hulk” during its first season.
- Ginger Gonzaga as Walters’ best friend: Gonzaga’s other credits include hosting the Hulu pop culture show, “The Morning After,” and Maggie’s role in the Showtime comedy-drama series “I’m Dying Up Here.”
- Renee Elise Goldsberry as Amelia: So far, no background has been shared on the character, but Goldsberry is known for her role as Angelica in the Tony Award winning musical “Hamilton”.
Two other actors, Anais Almonte and Josh Segarra, have joined the cast in roles that have yet to be announced.
Who are the bad guys in “She-Hulk”?
The villains of “She-Hulk” are straight from the Marvel comics.
- Tim Roth as Emil Blonsky / Abomination: Blonsky is a British soldier who was injected with Super Soldier Serum, the formula that gave Captain America his superpowers. But Blonsky has also been exposed to gamma radiation, which turns him into a huge, distorted-looking humanoid creature. MCU fans will remember Blonsky’s Abomination in the Hulk cast from the 2008 film, “The Incredible Hulk.” Viewers with keen eyes will also notice an appearance in the 2021 film, “Shang Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings.”
- Jameela Jamil (“The Good Place”) as Mary MacPherran / Titania: She is a red-haired supervillain and an opponent of She-Hulk. MacPherran is a popular social media influencer with a dark side. In the comic book storyline, she was genetically enhanced by the villainous Doctor Doom into a being with the strength of a Titan – hence her name, Titania. She’s a longtime She-Hulk rival.
When and where can you watch episodes of Marvel’s new “She-Hulk” series?
She-Hulk will air on the Disney Plus streaming service. Filming took place from April to August 2021 in Los Angeles and Atlanta. The show will debut in 2022, although Disney Plus has yet to release an exact release date.
Read more about Marvel’s “She-Hulk” on BuddyTV
Looking forward to the premiere of “She-Hulk?” Check back with BuddyTV for news and updates on “She-Hulk” and all of your favorite Marvel shows. Visit BuddyTV to connect with other fans, get recaps, and see what your favorite stars are up to.